9.10.2006

ISE 3 - not yet convinced

here's my 5th attempt at starting my scarf. this is the third stitch pattern with this second yarn, and i am still not convinced that this is THE right fit for my pal.

even though my pal said she likes earth tones, i think the colors work great for her skin tone and hair color (from what i can tell from her blog), but i am feeling that the yarn is looking a little "craft store" like....even though it's not!! at my LYS, i thought the yarn looked so gorgeous wrapped up in it's skein AND it seemed to be calling to me as the perfect yarn, but now that i have knitted with it - i am not loving it anymore.


i am going to sit on it for a few days and see if it grows on me. if not, back to the yarn shop on tuesday (since they are closed mondays it buys me some time!!)

2 comments:

KnitXcorE said...

it looks really lush! that probably the softest yarn ever, you should try something really simple, b/c the yarn has so much character...

justJENN said...

Ew you're going to 'sit on it?' Disgusting.