10.13.2006

chocolate swap

my package from my pal rachel finally arrived....


i was so excited as i was getting anxious about it not being here yet, along with our receptionist who i am sure was sick of me going down to her desk every day to ask if a package had arrived for me. finally, she was just starting to roll her eyes at me as i approached because she knew what i was going to ask!!!




i waited until i got home to open it, because i didn't want the wrapping to go flying all over the office as i tore into it. plus, i am greedy and didn't want to share any of the chocolate with my co-workers. d'oh!!

inside, my super pal from alaska filled it with some locally made assorted chocolates, which i haven't opened yet...and three different kinds of dark chocolate (my favorite type of all chocolates), one of which is a very strange "bubble chocolate" - which at first i didn't quite care for, until that first piece completely melted in my mouth...then i was hooked. i devoured the entire bar in one sitting...which explains why i haven't yet sampled the alaskan chocolate! then there are two types of hot cocoa mix, which is PERFECT for these cooler nights, and of course i can't forget the yarn. a very luscious new england highland wool...in the color cocoa!! i think i am going to make a scarf out of it, which will co-ordinate perfectly with a sweater that i PLAN on starting soon.

thanks again rachel!!

4 comments:

Dave said...

Very nice! I've never heard of bubble chocolate either. Is it like an Aero bar?

KnitXcorE said...

i had bubble choclate in canada and... well, it was tasty :-)

Charles said...

I wish get chocolate from someone!!! thats my hope!!!!

bunchkin said...

I'm so glad you like it! You gotta try the Alaska wildberries chocolate, they have the largest chocolate water fall in the world! I'm glad the bubble chocolate was good, I have never had it before, but thought it was interesting. I had fun being your swap partner. Don't eat it all at once :-)