10.01.2006

ISE 3

i haven't been doing much knitting since my intralase procedure since it's been hard to focus on detailed work for extended periods of time (each day it's getting better and better, it's actually really amazing that i can notice the changes), but i have been able to work little by little on my pal's scarf for the international scarf exchange (ISE 3) and get it finished.

i started blocking on friday, the scarf is too long for my blocking board so i had to do it in two passes.


this is the first time that i have blocked a scarf this way, not using the hot steam iron...but since i read in vogue knitting the best way to block different fibres, i figured this is the better way to do it taking into account the fibre mixture of this yarn.





given the color variation and the nature of the texture of this yarn i decided to do a simple ribbing pattern. i had a really difficult time in the beginning starting my pal's scarf, changing yarns and patterns a few times. after reading her blog and seeing a few shots of her i got to see her hair color and skin tone, so when i walked past this yarn in my LYS the colors really caught my eye and i thought it would look perfect on her. so i picked up a few skeins and THEN...had a *BLEEP* of a time choosing a pattern. i must have started over at least half a dozen times or more before finally realizing i needed to go with something simple and let the yarn speak for itself. now i only hope she likes it!!

7 comments:

Pennie said...

lovely scarf, lucky pal.

KnitXcorE said...

i looks yummy! I'm still in love with that yarn :-)

KnitXcorE said...

it, i meant :-)

Amyss said...

Wow! Your pal is soooo lucky! Matching her hair and knit tone?!? Oh, I nearly fainted with jealousy! The scarf is just lovely, and I love your blog. I'll certainly be back!!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful scarf! I also noticed on a previous post the great-looking column of leaves scarf which I think I'm going to have to try!

Charles said...

GREAT KENNY~~~~I dont know what to say!!! Such Great SCARF!!!GORGEOUS!!! I was plan to make column of leave!!

Tad...I have a yarn dyeing class next month at knit cafe...come and join!!! Just let you know..see my class more info..

Catherine Kerth said...

and OMG I love it!!!!!!! I was so excited to see it waiting for me tonight! I will blog tonight and show off the most beautiful scarf ever! how did you know i go week in the knees for karabella? and how did you know i prefer a pattern that has no wrong side when it comes to scarves? not to mention i'm giddy that a guy made it! my hubby's name is christopher, both of you can pick great colors for me!