11.17.2006

hat for G

well, BF came home and saw the hat i was working on for hans, and said he wanted one too. so of course, i had to drop everything and make him one. we chose the yarn from my stash, and since it was a variegated yarn we decided to simplify the pattern and just do the straight knit version. we trimmed it in orange to go with the orange scarf i have been working on for him as well. photos of that to come at some future time....

on a side note, my stash is starting to fill up with even more malabrigo...i got three more hanks for my birthday!! and amazingly enough, in yet another color that i did not yet have. SWEET!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shape for the hat! What is the yarn BTW?

Kerry said...

Very nice! I love the orange trim. It works great with the variegated.

Dave Daniels said...

I agree, the little bit of orange is perfect with the main yarn.

Dave said...

I like the way the colours flashed and pooled -- very cool!

KnitXcorE said...

yepers! love that! great job....

Anonymous said...

I saw this pattern at "Knitty Gritty"
show: If youguys interest to making this earflap hat Go to:

www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_4860628,00.html