12.20.2006

another sweet surprise

a curious package arrived today...

i had placed an order for a few last minute gifts yesterday, and am expecting that package to arrive friday, based on the shipping service that i chose. in addition, the package is to be sent to my mother's house up in northern california, so it will be waiting for me when i get up there this weekend. so, imagine my surprise when this i saw this package waiting for me...

for the life of me, i couldn't figure out who could have sent this to me. my out-of-state siblings know that i'll be up at my mom's for christmas, so logically they could send any packages to me there with the others'. one of my brothers though sent a package to me a few weeks ago, but had alerted me to expect it's arrival.

anyway, because i couldn't figure out who it was from, i had to open it and not wait for christmas to arrive. i quickly tore into it, and look what was inside!!!

sweet!!! i totally had these on my amazon wishlist, and of course had to check to see if it was removed...sure enough, someone had purchased them from the list. now, to only find out whom!!?!

whomever it was, THANK YOU!! these will be great for the sweaters i am already planning to knit next year. i have some of the yarn already but no stitch pattern so these will definitely find themselves in use.

on the knitting front, i've finally finished the Hat for Hans. it's blocking now and he'll get it tomorrow, at which time i will be sure to get some photos. it came out great and i am happy to say that i have only 3 more items to get done for christmas gifts.

5 comments:

justJENN said...

Awesome!
I love the fact that you were standing out there taking that picture. You know your old man neighbor was all, "Look at that skinny boy, taking a picture of his front door. Odd."

Michael said...

Oh. Jealous. Love those books. Try to find the errata for the colourwork book, I've seen a load of graph errors.

Matt said...

There's still a few days left to get them done, I however have given up...

Knitting Mama said...

NICE gifts! Are those books good?? I've been toying with the idea of getting them!

KnitXcorE said...

AWESOME!!!!! i love santa :-)