do you remember that "problem" i was having with my gauge calculations? well, here is the solution that i came up with. i think it's a nice detail that brings out the dark bits in the varigation of the yarn.
well, i must have been totally sloshed when i was workin' on this project...i totally forgot to adjust for the difference in guage when it came to the neck hole. i followed the shaping of a pattern from "knitting with balls", but i guess it totally slipped my mind (or i was totally drunk) that i was using a different yarn (and different pattern at that) than what's in the book. so, by the time i added the ribbing around the neck hole, and bound off...the opening was sooooo small. i thought perhaps i just bound off too tightly. so i took it apart, and redid the 2k,2p ribbing around the neck and painstakingly did a knit two, purl two bind off. which, as expected, produced a much looser edge, but not enough to allow a head through.
so, once again i have pulled out the ribbing at the neckhole, and i am in the process of un-seaming the shoulders....i am going to tink the left and right front panel down to where the neckhole begins, and reknit using a much more agressive decrease sequence. other than THAT....i am totally loving this vest, the colorway and the pattern is great, i just can't wait to wear it!!