4.13.2007

knitting amongst the flowers



ok, ok. so not literally amongst the flowers, but next to a few? i am up in san jose right now, today's my grandmother's 87th birthday. i spent the afternoon sitting out in the back knitting with her...and those are her orchids. it's so relaxing knitting in the spring sun, with the smell of jasmine in the air and the sound of a stream gently trickling by. i am thinking i need to have one put in my backyard back home...



i've started on my niece's summer dress...now i KNOW i will definitely get this thing done before summer gets here.

oh, and i happened to catch a candid shot of my mother walking by. not the greatest shot, but kind of funny...

4 comments:

bunchkin said...

SURE it was a candid shot. Like you didn't mean for the yarn and her shoes to perfectly match. LOL

That yarn is a beautiful color. If your niece is anything like my daughter, she'll love it!

xtena said...

Happy Bday to your grandma!!!

Charles said...

HAPPY B-DAY for me!!
I also start my niece's summer dress too!! GREAT!
Do you see my niece's pic?

Gucci Muse said...

Oh, you have to post about what kind of dress it will be-the color is FANtastic- b/c I LOVE pink.

I have a neice, but I can't knit fast, so she is out of pre school and I guess I have to sew for her-but my newborn nephew will be getting a knitted something for xmas-I am pokey and slow with knitting-but I love using gorgeous cottons!