8.03.2007

moving swiftly along

recently i ordered some great sock yarn from yarn nerd, and became totally frustrated at the knots that formed as i was trying to make a cake from the hank. perhaps it's my knobby knees that the hank was rested on as i was winding on my ball winder or perhaps i was paying too much attention to victoria beckham in welcome to america...but i had to snap the yarn and got three balls out of it in frustration:



lesson learned: sometimes it's nice to do things by hand, you get that really involved feeling in the end, you can take ownership and pride in the project. a real sense of one with your craft. other times, it's worth the money, the time, and your sanity to invest in tools to help you get the job done. enter, the almighty swift:



i've held out a long time, convincing myself that i don't need one. well, you know what? my life is so much easier now, and to prove it, here she is in action:



and perhaps i went a little hog wild in the process?



this is not all that needs to be wound in my stash, i do have to show a little self control after all.

5 comments:

justJENN said...

I have no idea what all these new contraptions are that you are buying...

Roy said...

I can't see the photos! But I am insanely curious!!! I don't knit, but YOU are going to teach me! Wait, you should throw a work shop! I'll organize! And we'll charge! You don't think I wouldn't want a percentage for such a great idea, would you?

dickie said...

awesome! i just bought a swift last week... and a ball winder. =) so much fun.

kasiaiscarly said...

jealous of the new toy! my BF says he'll make me one, but it hasn't come to be just yet!

Adam said...

Oh man, I remember my pre-swift days, those were really painful sometimes! I still have some skeins with 3-4 knots in them! Glad you were finally able to get one, it helps a lot :)