1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
i like wool, wool blends, cotton, mostly any type of natural fibres. i don't care for angora or mohair, too itchy and alpaca usually has too many loose fibres. i also don't care for novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
right now i have the clover needle case. i like it because it's not fussy, although...it's PLASTIC. but so far that is the nicest thing i could find (from a product design standpoint)
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
i started knitting about 7 years ago, my room mate at the time was an avid knitter, and she was always making some very cool things. so one trip back home to visit my family, i asked my mother and grandmother to show me how to knit. when i returned home i was excited to sit and knit with my room mate. i would say that i am probably an advanced-intermediate knitter now, i have done a lot of scarves, blankets and a few sweaters, but i am currently doing my first lace item....still not advanced enough to even THINK about intarsia!!
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes, i do. http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1IHEIV9UD2JMS/
5. What's your favorite scent?
i am pretty particular about scents. for example, i love almond scent. but depending on the quality of the product, it sometimes can smell more nutty other times more like cherries. i think in general, i like things that smell "clean" and i don't mean necessarily like soap, but not heavy and perfume-y, or too complex. i also like citrus scents. my favorite candles are still the lemon and grapefruit kitchen candles from williams-sonoma. they're so fresh smelling. i guess there are some floral scents that i like too. it all depends what is producing the scent...i usually stay away from the fake, chemical smelling stuff...like the glade plug ins and things like that. i tend to like things that smell more natural.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
yes, i love chocolate mainly. chocolate covered nuts, any kind. especially dark chocolate. probably my favorite candy though would have to be a toss up between salt water taffy (all flavors) and black licorice (such as licorice all-sorts). ooo or those peach penguins.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
nothing crafty at the moment other than knitting. no spinning going on here. i just bought some bare cashmere, next step is to order some dyeing supplies. i have been reading a lot in blogland about it and am about ready to take the plunge.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
yes, and all kinds of music except gangsta rap and headbanger metal.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
don't really have favorites. i am the type that i like things depdending on my mood at the moment. this applies to color too. but, some colors i really don't like are the flourescents that were really popular during the 80's. teal and burgundy combinations, peach and mint, hahaha....i guess all the bad stuff from the 80's. that's not to say i wouldn't go for something burgundy or mint or teal, there are a lot of good colors out there but it really depends on the intensity, richness, the undertones that make up the color.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
single with a partner and a cat!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
scarves...sometimes. not that often living in l.a.!! no hats, or mittens or ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
hmm. again, depends on my mood, what pattern i may happen across, who needs a gift....lol
13. What are you knitting right now?
hmm. a flower basket shawl, a jaywalker sock, an earflap hat, a birdie, a candle flame shawl...oh, and a scarf. hey, what can i say it's august and i'm starting my holiday gifts.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
depends on the item. i am not one who is fond of things that don't have a specific purpose.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
both straights and circs. definitely material of choice is bamboo...although i must say i did buy my first pair of addi circulars for the lace projects, and i am growing quite fond of them!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
yes, to both.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
gads....2yrs. and i didn't even include that in question 13.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
halloween. for the decor really. second is christmas. again for the decor.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn. yarn. and yarn. hahahahah. good italian shoes. oh!! i am a sucker for hair products, and anything kiehls.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
i have a subscription to Craft:. see my amazon wish list to see any books i desire.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
not at the moment
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
yes!! i am now. size 8 men's
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
yes, i am. you can look me up as skogknits