8.24.2007

and there IS knitting!



the right jaywalker is done, working on the left now. i was kind of surprised by the way the fit of this sock turned out, as i was reading in blogland a lot of jaywalkers said that this sock came out a bit snug and small. i found this sock to be loose actually! i am using koigu and although the label recommends using a US3, i am actually knitting on a US1. and i am making the smallest size the pattern calls for. upon examination of the finished piece, my tension is not a bit loose, so i can't figure it out. i am going to continue with the left and see how it goes.

i've started on my holiday gift knitting:





a series of hats will go to recipients in the colder regions, and of course i could not resist the noro striped scarf craze that is going around. i had to jump on that bandwagon thanks to jared - he's an inspiration to us all!!

9 comments:

bunchkin said...

Why is the sock big even though you are knitting on size 1s and knitting the smallest size?

Knitting VooDoo.

Happens to me all the time.
I just know some knitter is out there with a skein of my yarn, sticking pins in it and cursing my swatches. It's the only logical explanation.

micah said...

good stuff man!I like that wooden wift too. ""Sigh"" some day man, some day.

Matt and I ahve been rocking or own bastardizations of the pattern in Ann Budd's "The Knitters Handy Book of Patterns" It's a good basic pattern that travels well. Once you get it down, it's easy to remember so you can take it with you and not sweat it.

I'e been doing my heels and toes at the end so I can just keep cranking.

dickie said...

Mmm, I love the Noro Striped Scarf! =)
I think it's about time for me to start on my holiday gift knitting. Thanks for the reminder!

JollyEwe said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm Jaywalkers in Koigu, that's my kind of knitting.

You go, getting on your Christmas knitting so soon, very smart.

secret pal 11

Matt said...

Xmas knitting, hmmmmm......I chickened out last year, Maybe I will this year! Maybe B needs a noro scarf.....

KnitXcorE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KnitXcorE said...

dayumbetch! now i feel like a slacker, thanx. i guess had better start some x-mas knitting myself.

kasiaiscarly said...

ugh. . . no reminders about christmas knitting just yet. . i still have to finish wedding knitting!!

Karen said...

I love the colors of your jaywalkers. Just beautiful.