9.09.2007

too little, too soon

too little:


yes, that's what's in my freezer right now. and yes, i do have an ice cream maker that makes delicious ice cream. but you know what? sometimes i just get lazy. that and i don't have all the ingredients to make whatever flavor hits my mood at any given moment!

too soon:
i finished knitting a small batch of holiday gifts. i won't show them now, they still need to be blocked to look pretty for the camera. plus i have a lot more to go so i might as well wait and shoot the lot together.

too little:
knitting that is. due to a recent (minor) wrist injury coupled with the US Open going on the last two weeks, i have been taking it easy on the knitting. keeping it simple with the noro striped scarf #1 and the simple stockinette stitch hats holiday projects. i did attempt a start at a new project though, i knit up a small swatch to measure gauge...took a look at the swatch, decided which tension i prefered with which needle size and ripped it out. as soon as i started casting on for the project i realized i hadn't done a stitch count. great. so i reknit another swatch. good lord, venus williams' new outfits are too distracting for knitting!! thank god i was of sound mind...or was there not US Open that day, that i was able to start the project - it's a super yummy vest knit up from malabrigo in the violetta's colorway. photos to come when it's further along.

9 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

Wow. . . I thought I had an ice cream addiction!

Dave said...

Mint Chocolate Chip!! Toffee Bar Crunch!! My favourites!!

Eric & Tony said...

I come here expecting to have my yarn addiction tickled but you've touched me in a whole new way today.

royfenn said...

you glutton!

Kyle Kunnecke said...

that's too much ice cream for one guy - funny!

Matt....... said...

take it easy there pal, with all that ice cream, thats how I reached my post smoking weight!

JollyEwe said...

WooHoo!! Now that's my kind of freezer contents! Can't wait to see the holiday gifties

KnitXcorE said...

INSANE! i think it's time for an icecreamintervention

dickie said...

YUM. =)