10.03.2007

first FOs for fall

just in time for halloween, i finished a few things to send off to my little niece.



meet bubby. this being los angeles, the land where many strive for "perfection", this little lovely might have to go under the knife. look at that face!! by no means would this one survive in the land of wanna be starlettes, just look in the back of an la weekly. heck forget the back on almost every other page (!!) there are ads for "personal enhancement". bananas. i think i have talked myself out of it. the face is fine, it's full of character - it looks like a kid's drawing...or my first attempt at embroidery. however you want to look at it.

oh, and i mustn't forget the candy corn hat!!



it's made from lion brand's microspun in lily white, mango, and buttercup. [dodging eggs] i know, i know but being a kid's hat and all it's perfect for throwing into the washing machine. AND surprisingly it's super soft (for microfiber acrylic) and actually wasn't a nightmare to knit with....

11 comments:

Dave said...

I love the bear! I think the face came out just fine -- very Hallowe'en bear-like.

dickie said...

the candy corn hat is awesome! =)

Tracy said...

I love Bubby! And I'm so glad someone made the candycorn hat, I think they're adorable!

Charles said...

MMMMMM Cute bear in the house!
Bubby are so cute! I what to hug him right away!

Also candy corn hat too! Too funny!

Eric & Tony said...

The candy corn hat is so fun!

JollyEwe said...

I love the little softie bear, he has a great face, no need for cosmetic surgery just yet, maybe when he gets older.

SUPER CUTE candy corn hat!!

royfenn said...

I love the candy corn hat! I bet I'm the only one on here to see it in person! hahahahaha

KnitXcorE said...

ummmmmmm. cutesthatever.

mehitabel said...

Cute hat, and there's nothing wrong with the LB microfiber acrylic. Now if you were talkin' Red Hurt, that would be a different story--or one of those no-name crunchy ackrylics--but the LB is just fine. There's a place for good washable yarns and a candy corn hat is one of them!

xtena said...

i want one of the candy hats!

Kerry said...

Did you use a specific pattern for the hat or did you wing it? I love it so much I want to knit one for my little monkey.