12.05.2007

holiday knitting



i've been able to knock off a few gifts - knock them off the list that is. as in, i've changed my mind as to how many hand knit gifts there are going to be this year. i came to the realization that knitting under stress and pressure is knot enjoyable, and if it's knot enjoyable then it's knot worth knitting.

however, i have been able to complete an earflap hat family and they are ready to be sent:



these earflap hats are going to my sister, brother in law and niece in ohio. of course, i kept all the colors in the same family since the hats are all going to the same family. HA~! i am full of them tonite, aren't i?

i've made progress on the striped malabrigo sweater - i am about a third of the way down but i have stopped production as i am not sure i am liking my craftsmanship. because it's knit in the round and has horizontal stripes at regular intervals, i am carrying the yarn and my technique for carrying yarn while knitting in the round is yet to be desired. i can CLEARLY notice where my carrying is happening and it bothers me. plus, i can sadly say that i didn't choose a very wise place to carry. on the bright side, thanks to the advice of jason, i have resolved the issue of the little jogs where the color change happens.

no photos until i can decide what to do...frog or continue.

6 comments:

Camping Jason said...

Glad to know fixing the jogs worked out for you. Will you post pictures of your work so far? I'm curious to see your design.

rick said...

I know what you mean about knitting under pressure. So, I gave myself until Dec. 20th to complete projects, then I buy for those that I need to. This way I'm not going to worry about what I can't finish. Your hats look great, I've been knitting quite a few myself...

KnitXcorE said...

i think i just quit my holiday knitting list.
i made the same mitten twice, and frogged it twice.
started foliage, frogged foliage.
i really just want some socks for myself.

Calvin said...

I know what you mean about knitting with a timeline to meet. It's not fun. Nice hats.

DangFenn said...

love the hats! they are super cute, and they're perfect for a family! I know what you mean about not like your craftsmanship! I am in the same boat!!!!! boo!!!!

Tracy said...

I love the family of blue hats, they're knot corny at all! I myself once again put off the Christmas knitting - - -next year, net year.