12.19.2007

coolass coolhats for coldheads

ok, so there's 5 days left until christmas, and i clearly haven't done any more holiday gift knitting since my last post. i figured the gifts that are left to finish won't be delivered until the second week of january when i will personally hand deliver them when i am back in minneapolis, so i have plenty of time to finish them up.

in the meantime i have been working selfishly on new items i figure i NEED, since i will be out in typically 4F to 22F temps for that time of year.



yes, that is koolhaas. lovely design, especially since i am a huge fan of Rem Koolhaas. although this pattern is easy to get into a rhythm with, it's not a good one to work on when you can only dedicate yourself partially. in other words pay attention, otherwise you will end up with an unclosed cable.



it's knit up in ryc's cashsoft dk in color 00515 'tape'. lovely yarn to work with as it is super soft and glides effortlessly over bamboo needles, an absolute dream. as long as you are paying attention. or at least remember to stop and admire your work often, because if you wait until you think you are practically finished as you are just about to weave in those ends and decide to check out your skillz, you'll frustrate yourself to no end when you find a whole row of bad cabling due to one little missed stitch. thank you very much.

7 comments:

Dave said...

Well, if you keep your head moving quickly ... up and down, sideways, etc. ... no one will notice. :-)

Happy holidays!

Brena said...

I'm making the Koolhaas now and it's taking a lot of concentration and going very slowly. But it looks really cool, so it's worth it. I look at it often. :)

rick said...

I too am a fan of Rem Koolhaas. I've had a difficult time getting the pattern started, but I'm well on my way to finishing. You're right, you must stop to admire your work often, or there are consequences! You're hat turned out great!

KnitXcorE said...

noonesgonnanotice. i love the color.

bunchkin said...

It's not a mistake, it's a Design Element. I made this hat,too, and The Plumber wears it every day. The cables make the hat fit really well and snug up to your head.

DangFenn said...

OOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I wanna make one!!!! OMG! I love it! And you know how much I love to make hats?!

lu rogeria maravilhas do trico said...

Wanted I loved its works is I find this cap wonderful, you could inform me if blog has the prescription in some kisses luciana