2.24.2008

sock obsession



is it an obsession? perhaps since in the last couple of weeks i have added 11 hanks of sock yarn to a stash that already has enough sock yarn for at least 10 pairs. i am not sure, but one of my recent purchase(s) of sock yarn has spurred me to work on an old wip...the jaywalker.



it's been sitting on the back burner for a while with a case of second sock syndrome, but that didn't stop me from starting another sock (notice i said sock and not pair of socks?). it's a basic 5x1 ribbed sock with a 3x3 ribbed cuff, i am using some panda wool by crystal palace.



the panda wool is 46% bamboo, 43% wool, 11% nylon and it's great to work with and it has a nice loft to it. back to my obsession...i picked up four hanks of sock yarn at stitches west, i guess that's my project plan for this year - nothing but socks? not a bad idea to phase out store bought socks for handmade ones...of course, this brilliant scheme will change once malabrigo march starts.

6 comments:

M Ward said...

I think if it's an obsession, I have it too. So you aren't alone in it.

I currently have 4 skeins of sock yarn with only 2 inches of the cuff of my very first sock ever done. I don't have any clue how to turn a heel, but I sure can shop.

Dave said...

Obsession? I thought that was "normal." :-)

Matt....... said...

Eeeeewwwwww, naked Feet!
sorry chris, I couldn't read any further!
(kidding, kind of : )

KnitXcorE said...

that panda wool looks pretty fly, son.
i'm thinking jaywalkers may get moved up in the ol' ravqueue.

Kyle Kunnecke said...

at least you knit sock(s) with your sock yarn... I have a habit of buying it and not making socks... :)

Ken said...

The socks and sock yarn looks great. No need to curb your sock knitting enthusiasm!