2.02.2008

sweater saved?



upon taking dave's advice, i decided to drag this striped sweater out from the bottom of the knitting bag and give blocking a try. after letting it soak in a nice bath last night, i have to say that it did help the wonkiness a bit.



although it's still noticeable i think i have convinced myself that i will move forward with it...being the perfectionist that i am, i have to keep reminding myself that these are the little things that give our projects that handmade character.



the worst thing that can happen is that i finish the thing and i end up frogging anyway. so what's the harm in at least giving it a fighting chance? the sacrifice of other projects, but that's ok. i'm all for giving the underdog a fighting chance.

4 comments:

royfenn said...

YAY! I think it's going to turn out fabulous!!!!!

Dave said...

It passes the "galloping horse" test, and it may even out some more as it matures.

(I'm not growing older; I'm "evening out." :-) )

a friend to knit with said...

glad you are giving it another try.
looks forward to seeing how this story ends! :)

Kyle Kunnecke said...

I'm happy to see this sweater again - keep going; I think your color choice is amazing!