3.30.2008

sea otter...in the pool?

back at stitches west, i picked up this stunning yarn



it's baywood yarns' pearly twist sock yarn - 100% superwash merino in medium weight, the colorway is "sea otter". i absolutely was drawn to the hank as it was sitting amongst the 17 million other hanks, the combination of the aqua amongst the shades of brown took my breath away...well, not really, but somehow my eye went straight to it and i don't even remember anything else about what the vendor was selling.

my plans for this little lovely are socks, i swatched up a little square to see what pattern i wanted to do, and how the color would knit up.



swatch looks great, right? so i started knitting up the sock and it never dawned on me that the color might sort of pool when knitted in the round, which it is. i am not sure i am liking it, or rather, like the way it comes across with the stitch pattern i am using.



i may have to put this aside and come back to it again, perhaps i may have a better appreciation for how the colors are pooling together. if it bothers me i will frog and figure what else i can do with the yarn. in the meantime look who was laughing at my dilemma...

6 comments:

Matt....... said...

Yes!!! the elusive cat 's open mouth shot! I've yet to get one of mine.....great colors on the sock yarn but the pooling would bother me too with that different contrast of colors.

Secret Swapper said...

Gorgeous yarn! You've a fabulous eye for color, I hope what I've planned for you doesn't disappoint.

KnitXcorE said...

ummmm... that yarn makes me smile.

haha @ ur kitty.

De BerĂª said...

Beautiful...beautiful...beautiful!!!

xtena said...

no need to knit anything. the yarn looks pretty just the way it is!

Anne Kaelber said...

Oh, wow. Pretty yarn! I think the first picture should be used to show off this brand's yarns on Ravelry.....yum! That colorway is going on my Wist list!

Anne.