8.10.2008

party for one

i was looking forward to the banquet party my friends were throwing for over a hundred guests this weekend all week long. as i spent my saturday running errands and doing chores that is what kept me going through the heat of the day, as i usually prefer to keep my sweat glands from overworking on my days off. or at least i'd rather do such tasks in the cooler hours of the day...

so i got ready and got myself to china town...found my way to the restaurant and parked my car, i thought to myself "the parking lot is kind of empty, everyone must have found street parking..." i chose my spot, looked down into the courtyard and didn't notice a number of people heading to the front doors. i made my way to the restaurant and thought that cute shop selling the paul frank merchandise was worth checking out, but i had to hope they'd still be open after the dinner.

so i make my way into the restaurant, pausing to let a few rushing people holding huge bouquets by. no one in the lobby, "hmm that's strange" i thought. the hostess looked at me as if to imply, can i help you? and i stated, "i'm here for the [treese and pete] party..." she's like, "who?" i repeat myself. "what?" at this point, i am thinking...does this woman even speak english? i repeat myself, she starts flipping pages through her book. "OH!" she exclaims, "they moved the date" as she points to the name on the calendar. "uh...ok, thanks" i say and turn to walk out.

so at this point, you can imagine the rush of emotions and thoughts that run through my mind as i made my way back to the car. at first, embarrassment. next, confusion, then of course irritation...thinking, did they call everyone but forgot me? i finally realize that i should double check the invite and you know what? the party is tomorrow.

guess what i ended up having for dinner?



i was so flustered, i had to stop and pick up a pie for myself.

9 comments:

micah said...

man I hate that!

dee said...

wow chris, did you eat the whole thing?

Charles said...

How's the party goes? Have fun?

Calvin said...

Sorry that happened. The pie looks delicious though.

justJENN said...

Hello Alzheimer's.

knitguyla said...

At least there was time for Paul Frank store and in the end, you had pie. You really can't go wrong with shopping and baked goods!

Vtknitboy said...

bummer! yummmm....sugar!

Vtknitboy said...

dude! what's a skog? kenny doesn't know and jason doesn't know! lol.

sko_G knits said...

are you kidding me? i thought i explained the story to jason...