8.30.2009

baby quilt #1


baby quilt #1 is done. finally. i loved the process of putting this together, i learned a lot and i know i'll definitely be needing (wanting) that new sewing machine sooner rather than later.


the intention was to use green as the main color as the mother-to-be loves green, and pink accents since she is having a girl. i just saw photos of their nursery and what do you know, it's green with pink accents.

the quilt top and binding is made from joel dewberry's aviary collection. the backing is a white with pink and green dots flannel from joann's.


i am glad i am done so i can send this out, i am just a bit torn that my first finished quilt is not one for me, it would be nice to have my first one so that i can whip it out in 20 years and see how far i've come (or didn't). at least i know it's going to great home and will be loved.

3 comments:

justJENN said...

Wow, gorgeousss!

Ken said...

The quilt is beautiful. I've always wanted to try one myself. Someday...

MoxyIdeas said...

It came out great! I also gave my first quilt away - and forgot to take a picture first :)