8.11.2009

my head is spinning


bernina



pfaff



janome



husqvarna viking


i've been endlessly researching on the internet between forums and reviews and blogs, talking to dealers, testing out models - i am probably even more confused than when i began. there are many factors to consider and within each price-point, each machine has slightly different features from the other that they all seem to weigh out about evenly.

in the end, it may just come down to the cost factor because who knows how much deeper i may get into sewing, in a few years i might want to upgrade to more advanced features or i may be fine with the basics!

thank god i love shopping cause at least i'm still enjoying the process!

4 comments:

justJENN said...

All good choices. Depends what you are going to sew more of.

KnitXcorE said...

they're all "sew" fancy. like spaceships.

Erin said...

so which machine did you decide to buy?

Melissa said...

I was given the Husqvarna Viking by my VERY generous MIL since she and I share a love for sewing (she is much, much better than I am, though!). For her, it was an investment. In me and my creativity. In some common hobby between us. In my daughters when they get old enough to learn to sew and want to carry on this new family tradition.
Yes, a good machine is a LOT of money, but if you take care of it, it will be around for a very, very long time.
(BTW-I got here from the LA Modern Quilt Guild)