1.09.2011

seeing red



a friend of mine asked me to make a couple of quilts for him to take to the angels games to keep him warm while he knits. uhm, to watch baseball i mean. the only stipulation he gave me was that he wanted it to be red overall, as red is his favorite color.

so i quickly got a hold of a bunch of various reds and got going...



i knew i wanted to make two different quilts, but have them relate somehow. in the end, one was half square triangles with just the reds, and the other was concentric squares with a splash of aqua and black thrown in.



both are backed with kona cotton in various shades of red, as well i used kona cotton in chinese red for the binding on both.





i am glad he loved them both, and maybe i'll see them on tv when baseball season starts up again.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Hi! Thanks for the compliment on the coasters on my site. I really enjoyed making them and plan to continue working my way up to a full size quilt. Yours by the way are Beautiful!! And I can't believe how many you've done since you started. I am totally inspired! Keep up the good work and keep in touch!